End support for directly deploying k8s manifests
At the moment, the autodeploy service comprises two distinct ways for deploying applications:
- With kubectl and by using the manifests inside the k8s-manifests directory
- With helm and by using the charts inside the helm-charts directory
I recommend to end the support for the former way because of the following reasons:
- As far as I know, all services in the Memobase project have moved to the "Helm way" (@jonas.waeber , @edelmatthias , @guenter.hipler , @lionel.walter, do you agree?)
- We could speed up the deployment process because the cloning of the repository, which is required to decide if the project is deployed via helm or via kubectl, would not be necessary anymore.
- The deployment process in the code is possibly buggy: As of now, all manifests inside the
k8s-manifests/testpath are deployed, but only k8s deployment objects are deleted beforehand.